Thursday, August 03, 2006

Missing … Everything but the Girl

Cities in the rearview ... The trees are tall … and green - the engine screams –it wants me to know that its working hard – trying to keep up. The summer smell – fresh fresh mountain air – bikers biking (they must be crazy?) … these curves – they never end. I see the blue sky – at the cusp of crimson … the ragtop pulled down - I’m loving the wind howling around me
I'm walking down your street again and past your door
But you don't live there any more
It's years since you've been there
But now you've disappeared somewhere like outer space
You've found some better place
And I miss you - like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you

I push the knob – L O U D – disturbs the peace of the mountains … do excuse me while I drown the sound of machine and fly … and I’m missing you.
Signs of La Honda are blurred, and those with white boards with numbers on them – maybe I should pay attention to the signs – but I’m ecstatic to be back on your back … rolling and gliding on your curves … the horses in the mustang respond nicely – could I please go faster … please … please … and the white board acknowledges … sweet – ROAR.
Back on the train
I ask why did I come again?
Can I confess I've been hanging around your old address?
The years have proved to offer nothing since you moved
You're long gone
But I can't move on
And I miss you - like the deserts miss the rain
And I miss you - like the deserts miss the rain

And I miss you
I catch a glimpse of the ocean but the mountains quickly step in – I stop breathing as the clouds suddenly cover us – jealous of the mountains? maybe … the lights kick in but it doesn’t matter – we’re flying now … and I miss you.
Its chilly but I don’t notice … I’m in the clouds … almost crying … you see me as you drive back towards civilization – crazy man … maybe … but I don’t care – I wanna scream – above the winds and the song in the air – I miss you.
Hills everywhere – blocked by the ocean … or is it the other way around? I don’t care – I hear the water but the clouds are jealous … I imagine clear blue skies drowning into the water on a sunny afternoon – not so long ago … or was it a dream … I miss you … Its chilly … and eerie … I feel the water everywhere but I can not see it … the lights are useless … And I miss you.
I ask why did I come again?
Can I confess I've been hanging around your old address?

And I miss you D.

Route 1 - part 1


Route 1 - part 2


Lyrics of song "Missing" by 'Everything but the Girl' from album - "Amplified Heart"
Video clips recorded on 20 July 2006, while driving in a Mustang Convertible, on Route 1, California

No comments: